Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find online articles?
You must have a borrower ID number to access articles from the online databases. If you are an "on-campus" student, you should bring your student ID card to the library and we will activate your card. The small 14 digit number beneath the barcode will be your borrower ID number. Your PIN number is the last four digits of your social security number. If you are a distant learner, contact the library by email or phone and a number will be issued to you.
Once you obtain a borrower ID number, click on the link Find Journal & Magazine Articles and enter the barcode number and your pin number. The databases are grouped by subject. Click on the appropriate subject to view the list of databases in that subject area. Choose the appropriate one to answer your question. For a guide to "Finding Full-Text Articles" please click here for directions on searching the databases.
Why can't I login to the databases?
There might be several reasons you may be having difficulty:
- Make sure you have activated your student ID at the library. Call the library at 850-973-1624 or email at email@example.com.
- Make sure you are using the 14 digit number under the barcode on the student ID (not the G#).
- Make sure you have the right PIN number, which is usually the last four digits of your social security number.
- Make sure you have North Florida Community College selected as your college of choice.
- You may have to update your ID card at the beginning of each term. Call the library at 850-973-1624 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find library materials?
To find books and audiovisual materials that are available at the NFCC Library, use the link Use the Library Catalog to Find Books & More. Simply enter your information in the search box. Click the search button to see what items are available.
What is an ebook?
eBooks or "electronic" books are electronic versions of printed books. eBooks can be viewed online on any PC connected to the Internet. You can browse eBooks for quick research and reference or check them out and read them at your leisure. Our eBooks cover a wide range of subject areas, from literature and business to academic subjects, such as algebra. You will need to login with your borrower ID (barcode) and PIN (last four digits of your SSN#) to access ebooks.
How do I renew a book?
The My Account feature in the Library Catalog allows you to renew items and review your record. The MY ACCOUNT option appears in the gray bar near the top of the screen. Choose "North Florida" from the drop down menu. Enter your borrower identification number and your pin. Click login and the list of items you have checked out will appear. Renew items as needed. You may also call the library at 850-973-1624 or come by in person.